Philippine Chamber of Commerce – Toronto
Our vision is to take leadership in the Philippine Canadian Business Community and go on mainstream.
Our Mission Statement
Our mission is to encourage and promote bilateral economic ties between Canada and the Philippines and bring together people who share a strong common interest in building their business locally as well as internationally.
Our mandate is to be the effective and successful Voice of Business in Toronto on all issues of concern to the Toronto Filipino-Canadian business community.
The mandate of the Chamber will be carried out by the elected Board of Directors, comprising of fifteen (15) directors of which six (6) directors are officers: the President, three Vice Presidents, Secretary, a Treasurer, an Auditor and two Sergeant-at-Arms. The board meets regularly each month to plan, direct and implement the year’s activities.
Several committees have been formed to coordinate regular activities. These committees are Membership Services, Special Projects, Public and Government Relations, Fundraising, Education and Professional Development and Committee on Election.
The Philippine Chamber of Commerce-Toronto (PCCT) was formed in 1991 as a result of the Philippine Consulate General Office and various Filipino business community leaders, with its general mission being business growth and community development.
The PCCT represents the Filipino-Canadian businesses in all industry sectors in the Greater Toronto Area. The PCCT is a private sector, not-for-profit volunteer-driven business organization.
Our Primary Activities
In Toronto, the Chamber’s primary activities involves the following:
- Building an identity amongst its members that is respectable, credible, effective and beneficial to PCCT members
- Building awareness among its members on the business they are into, their products and services they offer and forward this to the mainstream business community.
- Building an effective program of awareness among PCCT members and the Filipino-Canadian entrepreneurs and professionals with regards to the value of patronizing each other’s products and services.
- Assisting in the promotion of trade and investment in the Philippines and Canada.
- Providing a forum for increasing the awareness of Canadian business in the Philippines and vice versa through:
- regular monthly meetings and events
- sponsorship of trade missions and business delegations
- hosting of networking seminars
- participation in special topical presentation
- access to local and foreign business information and statistics
- business matching and opportunities
- Building ultimately a strong PCCT membership, ready to take the leadership